Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Garbage men, fences and pee pee pants

Oh my...last week was full of drama! It started Wednesday when Bumblebee came from from school and basketball having peed his pants. When Husband #1 picked him up he was not participating in basketball. The coach explained they had a bathroom break but Bumblebee chose not to go potty and just got water. He then went back in the gym and peed his pants. When she quietly told him to go change into his spare sweatpants, he refused. Then he refused to participate in the activity anymore. This was not the first time or even the first few times this has happened recently. He has already peed his pants more in Kindergarten than he did in two years of preschool combined. We have tried different things and have even spoken with his doctor and had his urine tested. He simply does not want to stop what he is doing to go to the bathroom. So, he got grounded from watching television for a week. Unfortunately that day when he got home we had a nurse at the house to do our life insurance physicals. This were kind of crazy with that and getting dinner ready and lecturing him about peeing his pants. Poor kid, lost his second tooth at school that day but it kind of got brushed aside with all the other insanity of the evening.

The next morning I got home from dropping the kids at school and the gym to find that our recycling dumpster in the alley behind our house was now resting on our fence. The garbage truck apparently dropped the dumpster off the truck while emptying it. It landed on our fence and crushed the chainlink and the support poles. It was still resting on one pointy corner of the dumpster, leaning up against our fence! WHAT??!! He just drove away and left it like that!! I took pictures and called the city refuse department to file a claim. They said they had until March 2nd to contact me (it was Feb 24). That day after school we went straight to horseback riding. After Bumblebee sat in the car with me for an hour and got out in the rain once to pee in the bushes, Double A got back in the car and said it smelled like pee. Bumblebee then admitted he had peed his pants at school. Upon questioning he was sketchy on details but I think he peed during recess and then never told his teachers or did anything about it. Bumblebee cried and asked me not to tell his dad. I told him we did not work like that. I asked what we were supposed to do with him and he said "ground me." Well, we did that yesterday and it obviously did not work. When Husband #1 came home he was very angry and took Bumblebee in his room and laid down the law. Bumblebee tried to lie to him and say he peed his pants at horseback riding because it was raining and he could not go pee. That just got him in even more trouble. The result is he has no tv for a week and no playdates, no birthday parties and no more basketball for two weeks. We have designed a schedule for him at school to take trips to the bathroom and we are 5 days in and so far so good.

Luckily they called me Friday at 4:40pm to get some more details about the dumpster incident (instead of March 2). I explained there was a bit of a safety issue with the precariousness of the dumpster and he said everyone had left for the weekend and there was nothing that could be done. He said they would send a letter in 5 business days and then contact me to come out and do the investigation. I got the letter Tuesday March 1 and it basically just said they got the claim. It also said that state law puts limited liability on the city refuse department, blah, blah, blah. Well, I received another call today from the investigator. He had two short questions and then promptly said "that's all I needed" and hung up. I am not sure where we are now. I do know the guy pulled the dumpster off my fence and it is now usable again. My fence is still crushed.
So, that was just part of my week! What have you been busy doing these days?

No comments: