Okay, here is attempt number 2 at the bathroom post!
We have started our next big project...the upstairs bathroom remodel. It is a complete gut and then redo project but the room is small so not as huge a project as it could be. The saddest part of this post is that these pictures are BEFORE DEMO! I am embarrassed to post these and was even more embarrassed to have guests in this bathroom. This is the state of the bathroom Husband #1 and I used daily...before demo began.
This is the bottom corner of the shower. The black stuff you see WILL NOT come off not matter what product I used or what I scrubbed it with. I guess at some point there was some kind of leak behind the wall so they took the tile out along the bottom and then just stuck it back in there with a lousy caulk job along the seam. Or maybe the tile was just falling off the wall. The whole bathroom is tile...everything...walls, shower and even ceiling in the same tile. It is blue nd white but at some point someone painted over it with white latex paint. The paint on the shower tiles was starting to peel off and the blue and white design was showing through. Even better was that in some random placement there were tiles that had fish, swans and seahorses in shiny gold. The "chair rail" tile trim was also a swirly design in shiny gold. I am sure it was lovely. Hmmmm.
This shows our lovely vanity. Take note of the places where the white with metallic sparkly flecks laminate peeled off. Harder to see is the top was lifting up but held down by the sink so just one edge did not lie flat. We did replace the knobs after we moved in because one broke off in my hand with the water running. We did have a period of using the pliers to turn the water on and off. The blue sink was chipped and would not stay clean. The odd khaki border you see along the wall used to be a wallpaper border that has long since peeled off and just left behind the wallpaper backing. Yes, that is the only outlet and it is not GFCI and only works if the light is on.
This was our tile floor...again, before demo began. The two brown spots are holes were a few tiles would pop up every couple of days and we would just throw them away. When we moved in the floor was a big sheet of rolled out vinyl which was gross and in bad repair. It was not glued down with any adehesive and under that was peel and stick vinyl squares that were not stuck. My mother in law helped me remove it within 2 days of moving in and this floor was better! Actually we did not see the hole by the door until we had damaged the vinyl but really, it was too gross to put back down. The toliet also had white paint overspray around the base which we think was from someone trying to spray paint a previous toliet white. I can only ssume it was blue, like the rest of the bathroom.
Demo is finished at this point and I have a few pictures of that I will include in the next post. Construction is moving along but there are not really any good things to take pictures of...mostly electrical and plumbing stuff.
I will post now before I lose this again!