Thursday, August 21, 2008

On the Road Still

Well, The trip is nearing an end and I have just now gotten around to getting all my equipment in one place at one time such as a camera (with charged battery), computer and time to blog. We are on our last night of the trip and will arrive home tomorrow evening. We are currently in Laurel, MS again. Last Saturday we drove to George County, MS and saw these people...
Husband #1's grandparents all live on the same road so it makes visiting them quite convenient. We also went out to my in laws cabin for a bit to see the progress they are making on building their own house. All the walls are framed and ready for the ceiling rafter things. I could never do what they are doing but they seem to enjoy it and be good at it so more power to them! I think Husband #1 and I would kill each other if we tried to build a house together :)

We then went to Mobile, AL that night and met my brother, his wife and two kids and drove to Destin, FL. We went boating with my parents on Sunday where my brother and I flashed our gang signs...
and the cousins enjoyed playing together and posing for pictures...


We drove to Slidell, LA on Monday. We spent a few days in Slidell where I saw a good friend from high school for lunch. We also went to the Global Wildlife Center and saw things like this...
Today I went from Slidell to Laurel and onward home tomorrow. On the way to Laurel we stopped in Hattiesburg and saw my awesomely great friend from college, Becky. I am so excited she has moved only 30 minutes from my in-laws so now I can see her more than every two years! I don't think she is as excited as I am. She seems to feel 10 hours isn't much closer but it would have taken me much longer than that to get to Jacksonville, FL! Plus we come down here more often to see family. I also had lunch with a friend from college, Lisha. It was great to see her...crazy how someone can be in your wedding but you just don't keep in touch more than once or twice a year by Christmas card and email. It was good to reconnect.
I am glad we came on this crazy driving trip to see all of these peeps but will be glad to get home and see Husband #1 and settle in before school starts Sept 2! I will most likely not be blogging tomorrow since I will be driving at least 10 hours. I do love Tara's comment on my last post, though, about the iphone or blackberry and then I could blog while I drive!

2 comments:

MadMonkMcElroys said...

1st. That is a lovely animal picture! 2nd . . . Girl, you're going to have trouble with that striking young lady you have there!

tarab said...

sometimes picture placement is very important - initially thought you were saying that thing was your friend for the lunchdate since it was apparently chewing something. thought you were being funny! oh, and since your bro was shirtless, what's his gangsta color?